[esip-semantictech] OntoSoft Alignment with SWEET

Colin Smith colin.smith at wisc.edu
Tue Apr 23 08:33:54 EDT 2019

Excellent advice Matt.

Colin

On Mon, Apr 22, 2019 at 6:00 PM Matt Jones <jones at nceas.ucsb.edu<mailto:jones at nceas.ucsb.edu>> wrote:
Hi Lewis and Colin,

Given that you are doing alignments to OntoSoft, I'll note that we did an extensive set of software metadata alignments, including OntoSoft, in our CodeMeta project and workshops (https://codemeta.github.io<https://codemeta.github.io/>). There are now 24 software vocabulary alignments<https://github.com/codemeta/codemeta/tree/master/crosswalks> to the CodeMeta terms, which themselves were aligned with and extended schema.org<http://schema.org>.  We use a simple CSV crosswalk file to generate JSON-LD alignments and an automated translator that enables converting from one vocabulary to another.  If you wanted to align SWEET to CodeMeta, we would welcome a crosswalk file.

Best,
Matt

Matthew B. Jones
ORCID: 0000-0003-0077-4738<https://orcid.org/0000-0003-0077-4738>