[esip-semantictech] Importing SWEET into Protege

brandon whitehead brandonnodnarb at gmail.com
Mon Jul 15 14:21:03 EDT 2019

Hi All,

Thanks for following up, Lewis.

I have been getting the following error when trying to load
'http://sweetontology.net':

[Fatal Error] :1:50: White spaces are required between publicID and
systemID.

I've been digging around in my protege log file, but it doesn't
actually show up there (the previous output is from the command line).

For further context, the page successfully redirects if I hit it in a
browser.  If I try to load one of the ontology files, for example
http://sweetontology.net/humanAgriculture, in a browser it pushes me to
the COR page as expected.  I can curl the URL and get a valid response
(full turtle file), but if I try the same thing via Protege (loading
that specific ttl file via URL instead of a local copy) I get a 403
error --- the same issue Lewis described.

These results are identical using using protege 5.5, protege 5.2, and
potege 5.2 'platform independent version'.

Also, the ontologies load from a local copy in protege (all versions
listed previously) as well as TopBraid Composer 5.3.  However, in TBC
the base class name for the file (i.e. humanAgriculture.ttl) shows up
as an openrdf error link, which I have not seen before.  ( i.e.
org.openrdf.RDFParse.../error#(n) )

I'm not sure what to test next.  I would assume the 403 error needs to
be addressed before the parser can be tested.

Thoughts?

Cheers,
/Brandon