[esip-semantictech] Importing SWEET into Protege

Mcgibbney, Lewis J (398M) lewis.j.mcgibbney at jpl.nasa.gov
Wed Jul 17 12:37:31 EDT 2019

Hi Folks,

Having worked on and off for a few days, Brandon and I have made some changes to SWEET and have resolved a bunch of issues which are available in Github history for anyone interested to see.
We’ve also created the following documentation which succinctly summarizes what we think is possibly a bug in the underlying owlapi used in Protégé - https://github.com/ESIPFed/sweet/blob/master/CONTRIBUTING.md#avoiding-presence-of-httporgsemanticwebowlapierrorerrorn-in-contributions-when-editing-using-protege
On a different note, it is still not possible to import SWEET into Protégé via the ‘File > Open URL’ option. I’m going to work on fixing this down at the Protégé or owlapi level.

In summary, if you want to import SWEET into Protégé, then just use the ‘File > Open’ option. You will be prompted to local the local file. You will then be prompted to resolve missing imports. I just selected ‘No to all’ for this. I was then able to work on it.

Lewis

Dr. Lewis John McGibbney Ph.D., B.Sc.(Hons)
Data Scientist III
Computer Science for Data Intensive Applications Group (398M)
Jet Propulsion Laboratory
California Institute of Technology
4800 Oak Grove Drive
Pasadena, California 91109-8099