[esip-semantictech] notes from ESIP 2019 Summer Meeting Friday sessions

John Graybeal jgraybeal at stanford.edu
Sat Jul 20 21:25:14 EDT 2019

Hi everyone,

Really enjoyed seeing everyone at the meetings this week, and appreciated the time of those of you attending Friday's meeting in person and remotely (especially Pier at the airport, and people contributing minutes and microphone support). This seemed like another meeting notable for the number of really sophisticated semantic experts, as well as people increasing their investment in semantic technologies.

I updated the minutes from the COR working meeting and Semantic Technology business meeting in a few ways:

  *   Separated COR minutes from Semantic Technology Committee minutes (each page has minutes from 2019 and 2018 meetings):
     *     Community Ontology Repository Working Meeting<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1A1kWKDrDQt3bi5C_PAgGfP3TOcPA7T5N-yROMZ_bqRQ/edit>
     *     Semantic Technology Committee Business Meeting<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zc0I9izLAGdbHgv8KrlNtwjCHKJvA8-o20U5hnUwQD8/edit>
  *   Linked to those two pages from the ESIP Semantic Technology Committee page<http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Semantic_Technologies> (under More Information).
  *   Updated the minutes for content (to the best of my recollection), and for readability.
  *   Incorporated a few comments and references that came in after the COR meeting had officially ended.

Please review the content of both documents for accuracy to your comments and vision, and to understand what the attendees thought about the work of these two communities.

John

John Graybeal
Technical Program Manager
650-736-1632