[esip-semantictech] [rda-research-schemas-wg] Reminder of this Thursday's call, invitation to participate the workshop "Enabling global data discovery through structured data markup"

mingfang via Research Metadata Schemas WG rda-research-schemas-wg at rda-groups.org
Tue Feb 11 20:40:33 EST 2020

 Dear All,

I would like to bring your attention to the following three items:

*First:* This is a gentle reminder we have a scheduled monthly call from the
RDA research metadata schemas WG
<https://rd-alliance.org/groups/research-schemas-wg> on this Thursday, 13
Feb. at 08:00 PM UTC - please use this link
<https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=RDA+Research+Metadata+Schemas+WG%3A+December+Meeting&iso=20200213T20&p1=1440>to
check for your local time.

Here
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1G_Ru6G0KR-Va564-10RTkL-sNDSeN6EgY9GxA6q0NBc/edit>
is the agenda and notes from previous meetings. You are welcome to add
agenda items.

Zoom link: https://monash.zoom.us/j/151072738
<https://www.google.com/url?q=https://monash.zoom.us/j/151072738&sa=D&ust=1581830371836000&usg=AOvVaw3EPkAFmEsjvnSZnFBXzZVj>
(More dial in options are available from the agenda document).

*Second*:  The proposed workshop "Enabling global data discovery through
structured data markup" has been accepted as a co-located event of the RDA
P15, in Melbourne, Australia.

The workshop will be on Tuesday 17 March, at the same venue as the RDA
Plenary, the day before the Plenary.

You are invited to attend the workshop. Here is the registration link:
https://enabling-global-data-discovery.eventbrite.com.au. The registration
is free. The workshop is sponsored by ARDC, in partnership with ESIP and
the RDA Research Metadata Schemas WG.

We will update the workshop agenda to this workshop page
<https://www.rd-alliance.org/group/research-metadata-schemas-wg/wiki/enabling-global-data-discovery-through-structured-data>
hosted at the RDA website.

*Finally another reminder*: Early Bird registration for Research Data
Alliance Plenary <https://www.rd-alliance.org/15th-plenary-registration>
closes this Friday. (14 Feb). If you do intend to attend, this early
registration can save AUD$100. ;-)

Kind regards,
Ming

--
Dr Mingfang Wu

*Australian Research Data Commons <http://www.ardc.edu.au/> * T: +61 3 9902
4646 | E: mingfang.wu at ardc.edu.au | O:0000-0003-1206-3431
<http://orcid.org/0000-0003-1206-3431>
Physical address: Monash University, Building T, Ground Floor, 100 Sir John
Monash Drive, Caulfield East, VIC 3145