[Esip-soil-informatics] Semantic use case for bulk density

Todd-Brown, Kathe kathe.toddbrown at essie.ufl.edu
Thu Dec 10 17:33:20 EST 2020

Hi wordy soils folks!

Mark, David and Brendon gave a fantastic presentation on bulk density last week. If you missed it you can catch up here: https://youtu.be/AutOj0gLQm0 and in the session notes here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1w3ScPH6tZCIRcKFiP-BYCa1UihYPei0aL0PcvandV4c/edit?usp=sharing

One of the key take-aways from this was the possibility of breaking down bulk density into two-three key methods (sieve/dry status). There seemed to be a lot of interest in following up on this and possibly extending this to different volume, processing, and drying methods.

We could continue this conversation here or move over to the slack channel:  https://join.slack.com/share/zt-jy7tquv9-_MgQv3CnJMP8Uj5mcyhQYg (link good for 7 days). I would be excited to try to formalize some of the idea’s proposed in the presentation. What are our next steps?

-Kathe

---------
Katherine Todd-Brown, PhD

Assistant Professor
Environmental Engineering Sciences
Engineering School of Sustainable Infrastructure & Environment
Herbert Wertheim College of Engineering
University of Florida

Office: Rm B006, Phelps Lab, UF main campus
Twitter: @KatheMathBio

Mail: Dr Kathe Todd-Brown
Center for Wetlands
PO Box 116350