[Esip-soil-informatics] Meeting recap 24 March

Todd-Brown, Kathe kathe.toddbrown at essie.ufl.edu
Wed Mar 24 20:18:53 EDT 2021

Hello wordy soils folks!

Small but dedicated turnout today! Between the time change, stale links, and conflicting ESIP calendar we only had a few of us call in today. Tanja W brought up the importance of capturing the structure/design of the soil sampling which led to an extensive discussion about landscapes and landforms with David W and Irfad A.

There hasn’t been much contribution to the GitHub page: https://github.com/ESIPFed/SOI_harmonization/issues (Thank you Steven E who has contributed!). I worry that we are starting to run the risk of spinning our wheels a little on this project. Not sure that we have a way through this yet but first step is recognizing the issue. Thoughts and feedback here are welcome (either in this email thread or to me directly). I can continue to add more datasets to the repository but if folks are finding this difficult to use we can continue to try something else.

Our next call is at 1700 UTC on April 7th! We’ll be hearing from Kathi Schleidt and Tomáš Řezník - GloSIS, INSPIRE, and ISO 28258 more details to follow next week!

No meeting recording today but as always the notes and call in information is on the meeting notes here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_SIm_3e9xpni_64zdAU1DZrFEd8YcIerbsihDJq4qwY/edit?usp=sharing

See you in April!
-Kathe

---------
Katherine Todd-Brown, PhD

Assistant Professor
Environmental Engineering Sciences
Engineering School of Sustainable Infrastructure & Environment
Herbert Wertheim College of Engineering
University of Florida

Office: Rm B006, Phelps Lab, UF main campus
Twitter: @KatheMathBio

Mail: Dr Kathe Todd-Brown
Center for Wetlands
PO Box 116350