[Esip-soil-informatics] Units of Measure for Soil Scientists

Brandon Whitehead WhiteheadB at landcareresearch.co.nz
Wed Jun 2 04:57:05 EDT 2021

Hi all you soil data types,

As part of a scope work related to the CODATA Task Group on Digital
Representation of Units of Measure (DRUM) there are ongoing efforts to
understand units of measure requirements for scientific domains.

As such, they have sent out a survey seeking further information from
domain scientists with Soils sciences being one area of focus.  If you
have a few minutes before COB Thursday (in whichever timezone you are
in), I would greatly appreciate your input.

There are 10 questions.  Some have gone through in about 10 minutes,
while others took a bit longer as they had to track down references.  I
estimate the average to be approximately 15 minutes.  Quick replies and
bullets are fine --- I can massage/clean up and add links where needed.

Link to collaborative document:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1TYSTko7bvchHd13SMGGtOjz3MluGhgJZ9-YAxN5I9ds/edit

The document is collaborative, so you can add to or build off of
answers others may have provided.

If you have questions please do let me know.  I have already sent this
out internally and to the GLOSIS crowd separately, but
if you want to pass it on to other soil scientists in your network that
should be fine --- anyone with the link should be able to edit the
document.

Sincerest apologies for the late notice.  Thank you in advance for your
time.
/Brandon
------
Brandon Whitehead (he/him)