[Esip-soil-informatics] Cluster call today

Todd-Brown, Kathe kathe.toddbrown at essie.ufl.edu
Wed Mar 16 20:29:19 EDT 2022

We had a small but dedicated group of three call in today to chat soils, data, and ESIP. Two ESIP announcements: first the call for sessions for this Summer Meeting (in person) is open with a due date of April 29 https://docs.google.com/document/d/1BGplQ1XrlZqoOy_lH-rOSe_VUH3BJzdoVzJXEoFZbwM/edit?usp=sharing ! Second the Raskin Scholarships are open until March 25th   https://esipfed.org/raskin if you know of any interested graduate students, please pass this along.

The Soil Cluster is looking for new co-chairs to start transitioning in August. Hard to believe that it’s been two years! If there is someone you think would do particularly well as a co-chair please email me with their nomination.

We kicked around the idea of proposing a three part activity for this summer meeting structured as a virtual pre-meeting session, followed by an in-person co-session with another cluster, and ending with a post-meeting report out. The exact topic is a little more up in the air - feel free to message me or drop something in the Slack if you have suggestions.

See you in two weeks (1700UTC 30 March 2022) when we will hear from Luís de Sousa (ISRIC) on GLOSIS! We need a facilitator for this presentation still so if you are willing please message me to sign up! As always the notes document is here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/12OtoXo6YV4zK9a79VeJK8XE7iEf02hF9Uf-ggQ8YlG4/edit?usp=sharing

Best,
-Kathe

Katherine Todd-Brown, PhD
Assistant Professor