[Esip-sustainabledm] AGU RoI related session?

Shelley Stall SStall at agu.org
Wed Apr 12 16:31:22 EDT 2017

Anne,

And Corrina Gries had an interest in this as well. Adding her here to make sure she sees this.

Shelley

On 4/12/17, 4:27 PM, "Esip-sustainabledm on behalf of Kerstin A Lehnert via Esip-sustainabledm" <esip-sustainabledm-bounces at lists.esipfed.org on behalf of esip-sustainabledm at lists.esipfed.org> wrote:

    Hi Anne,

    I am actually right now at a workshop on 'Repository Collaboration'
    where we are talking a lot about ROI. I strongly support the theme of
    this session. It is fundamental for sustained support from funders and
    the science community, especially these days.

    I would be happy to help if there are not enough co-conveners.

    Kerstin

    On 4/12/17 16:20 PM, Anne Wilson via Esip-sustainabledm wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > At RDA I received a bit of encouragement from Lesley Wyborn to submit a ROI and/or data center sustainability session proposal for the American Geophysical Union’s annual meeting in December.   I know some of us are very familiar with AGU’s annual meeting, while I think others are not.   The proposal deadline is a week from today.   The meeting is in New Orleans this year, roughly the 2nd week of December.
    >
    > The theme for ESSI (Earth and Space Science Informatics) this year is something like, “Shortening the time to science”.
    >
    > With that in mind, session titles  might be something like
    >
    > - how to value the contributions of data centers?
    > - how do data centers shorten the time to science?
    > - data centers and their impacts
    > - shortening the time to science through robust data centers
    > - data center sustainability: RoI, funding, etc…
    > - ??
    >
    > Is anyone out there interested in co chairing a session?  I don’t really have the energy to be the sole champion of this effort, so would probably not do it without other interest and support.
    >
    > Lots of ??!
    >
    > Anne

Shelley Stall
ASD, Enterprise Data Mgmt Prog
202-777-7307
SStall at agu.org  |   www.agu.org
2000 Florida Ave, NW ,  Washington ,  DC  20009

​Upcoming Meetings and Events:
​
19 April:  2017 Fall Meeting Session Proposal Submission Deadline
22 April:  2017 March for Science, Washington, D.C.
3 May: 2018 Ocean Sciences Meeting Session Proposal Submission Deadline
11-15 December:  2017 Fall Meeting, New Orleans, Louisiana
11-16 February:  2018 Ocean Sciences Meeting, Portland, Oregon

    Dr. Kerstin Lehnert
    Doherty Senior Research Scientist
    Director, Interdisciplinary Earth Data Alliance

    Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory
    Columbia University
    Palisades, NY, 10964
    (845) 365-8506