[Esip-sustainabledm] FW: Invitation to Summer meeting of Federation of Earth Science Information Partners

Kerstin A Lehnert lehnert at ldeo.columbia.edu
Mon May 22 12:00:52 EDT 2017

If Indiana is on CDT, then it's a 6 hour time difference.

I think that video works well, especially as ESIP knows what they are doing.

Kerstin

On 5/22/17 11:58 AM, Margaret O'Brien via Esip-sustainabledm wrote:
> That is a question for Dan Keyes. I've been in many sessions with
> remote speakers, so should not be a problem
>
> Margaret O'Brien
> ORCID: 0000-0002-1693-8322
> Information Management
> Marine Science Institute, UCSB
> Santa Barbara, CA 93106
> 805-893-2071 (voice)
> http://environmentaldatainitiative.org
> http://sbc.marinebon.org
> http://sbc.lternet.edu
>

> On Mon, May 22, 2017 at 8:17 AM, Anne Wilson via Esip-sustainabledm
> <esip-sustainabledm at lists.esipfed.org
> <mailto:esip-sustainabledm at lists.esipfed.org>> wrote:
>
>     Hi Sustainables,
>
>     We got a nice quick response from Neil Beagrie. How about video
>     meeting (or two??)  with him.  What do you see that looking like?
>
>     Anne
>
>     From: Anne Wilson
>     Date: Monday, May 22, 2017 at 9:03 AM
>     To: Neil Beagrie
>     Cc: Philip Tarrant, Anne Wilson
>     Subject: Re: Invitation to Summer meeting of Federation of Earth
>     Science Information Partners
>
>     Thank you, Neil!   It’s great to hear from you and get a quick
>     response.  Offhand I think video communication would work well,
>     though I do need to confer with my group.    Please stand by for
>     more information.
>
>     Am I correct that you are 6 hours ahead of Eastern Time?
>
>     Anne
>
>     From: Neil Beagrie
>     Date: Saturday, May 20, 2017 at 1:40 AM
>     To: Anne Wilson
>     Cc: Philip Tarrant
>     Subject: Re: Invitation to Summer meeting of Federation of Earth
>     Science Information Partners
>
>     Hi Anne
>
>     thank you for the invitation to come to your meeting in
>     Bloomington. Unfortunately I would be unable to take the time out
>     to travel in late July. However I would be happy to present over a
>     video link if that is a feasible alternative. Let me know if you
>     think that would work. Similarly happy to do a Q&A session remotely.
>
>     all best wishes
>
>     Neil
>
>     On Sat, May 20, 2017 at 2:13 AM, Anne Wilson
>     <Anne.Wilson at lasp.colorado.edu
>     <mailto:Anne.Wilson at lasp.colorado.edu>> wrote:
>
>         Dear Dr. Beagrie,
>
>         Greetings from two members of the Federation of Earth Science
>         Information Partners (ESIP, http://esipfed.org/).  My
>         colleague Phil Tarrant, from Arizona State University,
>         contacted you earlier this year on the topic of data
>         repository ROI. I am Anne Wilson, from the Laboratory for
>         Atmospheric and Space Physics (LASP).  We are both members of
>         the ESIP Working Group on Sustainable Data Management,
>         http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Sustainable_Data_Management
>         <http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Sustainable_Data_Management>.
>
>         Our group has been been particularly focused on how to
>         evaluate the return on investment of a data center, and has
> [...]

Dr. Kerstin Lehnert
Doherty Senior Research Scientist
Director, Interdisciplinary Earth Data Alliance

Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory
Columbia University
Palisades, NY, 10964
(845) 365-8506