[Esip-sustainabledm] ESIP SustainableDM cluster call, Friday 6/8 4pm EDT

Margaret O'Brien margaret.obrien at ucsb.edu
Tue Jun 5 16:22:35 EDT 2018

Hi all -
Our weekly scheduled meeting is this Friday, 6/8
The agenda and notes page is here:
http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Sustainable_Data_Management/20180608_telcon_notes

Connection info:
Join from computer, tablet or smartphone at:
https://www.gotomeeting.com/join/618011013
Dial in using your phone: :United States: +1 (571) 317-3122
Access Code: 618-011-013

Agenda:
1. Collaboration area poster
ESIP is planning for rotating virtual posters during the summer meeting. I
will work on adapting our current poster to the ESIP template before
Friday, with input/help from you all during the call if we have time. Links
in the agenda.

2. Summer meeting session:
This is a working session, for the ROI paper, draft 2. So there is not much
to say now (other than make sure those interested can be there). This
sub-cluster has regular zoom meetings as well
http://meetings.esipfed.org/event/Eypv/sustainable-data-mgt-repository-return-on-investment-paper-draft-2

3. Future of this group
Our papers, etc, are nearing completion. Not to create an existential
threat - but we should keep in mind that the first question to answer in a
sustainability plan is "should this activity continue?" So at some point
our cluster needs to examine its raison d'être, and decide if we want to
continue (e.g., with new projects), or do we simply take our messages of "data
management collaboration and coordination" on the road and become active in
other clusters.

See you Friday -
Margaret

Margaret O'Brien