[Esip-sustainabledm] ESIP sustainable data management cluster, call Friday Jan 8, 4pm eastern -- CARE Principles

Margaret O'Brien margaret.obrien at ucsb.edu
Thu Jan 7 21:18:17 EST 2021

Hi all -

Happy 2021! We have our regularly scheduled ESIP-cluster call tomorrow
(details below, and on our ESIP wiki page).

We last met in November, and skipped Dec due to the AGU meeting. In the
fall, we had been discussing the CARE principles with Stephanie Carroll
(ASU). Because this is an interesting topic, the conversations have been
taking a while. We are about half way thru (finishing up the "A").

To make the best use of Stephanie's time, a suggestion was made that we set
aside a block of a few hours to finish up the discussion. Your chair (me)
did not get it together to plan that session.

So for tomorrow, let's see if we can finish up the topic (cover R and E)
during the hour. If at half-past the hour, it does not look like we will
accomplish that, we will set up a time for a separate 2-hr block later in
January to finish up. That way, we can use our Feb call to summarize our
notes on CARE. Please take a look at your calendars, and at earlier notes.

See you tomorrow -

Margaret

--------------

https://wiki.esipfed.org/Sustainable_Data_Management

====Second Friday of the month, 4PM Eastern (UTC-5 or UTC-4, depending on
time of year)====
Please join in at https://www.gotomeeting.com/join/618011013
Activities/Special Topic Discussion Meeting:

To join the meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone, click:
https://www.gotomeeting.com/join/618011013
You can also dial in using your phone.
United States: +1 (571) 317-3122
Access Code: 618-011-013