[Esip-sustainabledm] ESIP meeting followup, AGU abstract

Margaret O'Brien margaret.obrien at ucsb.edu
Thu Jul 29 20:21:47 EDT 2021

Hi all -
thanks for the great discussion during our ESIP session last week! It gave
the community lots to think about.

*ESIP followup: *
ESIP has a highlights webinar planned for August 12 12-1:30 EDT. I am on
vacation that week, and am not sure I can attend (I'll be visiting family,
so it's possible). Can one of you act as backup for the 2 minute/1 slide
presentation? I'll put the slide together by next week and deliver it
to Megan. The draft is here:
https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1TuH0k8Yj4TrYBlslDkUc1_YevPYin2_ffJbLvgTI4og/edit#slide=id.g31de933e93_0_30

Also, the regular call is the following week (Aug 19). I will still be
gone, and won't make it - but Megan usually starts the meeting. The notes
are here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1KRFau7_oFdNNxgFbQOYsOUMEKaymYv_H0MQzu3x5KSI/edit#

*AGU*:
This session: IN004 - Adopting Principles to Enhance Capabilities for Using
Earth Science Data
https://agu.confex.com/agu/fm21/prelim.cgi/Session/120797

Is a great fit for us. I am putting together an abstract here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pvoUNDcXSnrLDXqTZLCYbpHO9oId9Fcn27b_ktYbTIw/edit
*Abstracts are due next week, Wed Aug 4*

To do:
1. read/edit/comment on the abstract.
2. add your name if you want to be on it.
3. suggest a title, or vote for one already there.

You will see from the wording that I am assuming we can get the
matrix/roadmap done by December, and that is what we can present. Before
then, we have 4 monthly calls - so it should be possible.

thanks!
Margaret

Margaret O'Brien
ORCID: 0000-0002-1693-8322