[Esip-visioneers] [ESIP-excom] 2016 Winter Meeting DRAFT Agenda - Comments/Review

Justin Goldstein jgoldstein at usgcrp.gov
Tue Nov 24 10:46:29 EST 2015

Hi Erin,
  I really like this schedule.  I've only identified two possible conflicts:

   - Regarding Wednesday at 2:00: there may be significant overlap in
   interested personnel for the "emerging big data technologies" and "global
   change information for informed decisions," since I think both will have
   significant leanings towards technical and societal use.  (I work with
   Robert Wolfe so I can ask him once the agenda is officially distributed).
   - Regarding the Friday 11:00 Data Management overview, since I believe
   most of the presenters are also very active in EarthCube.  Given the
   overlap between data stewardship and EarthCube personnel, an overlap may be
   unavoidable though, in which case let's leave as is.

Otherwise, great!  Well done.

Best,
Justin

On Mon, Nov 23, 2015 at 5:33 PM, Erin Robinson via ESIP-excom <
esip-excom at lists.esipfed.org> wrote:

> Hi ESIP ExCom & Visioneers -
>
> The community has pulled together an amazing set of sessions for the ESIP
> Winter Meeting. We are going through a few more mergers, but I wanted to go
> ahead and share the draft agenda and get your thoughts before we notify all
> session leads early next week and share this widely.
>
> Here is the link:
> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1OpmDkDBIoIyiLC7w8J1hvu0Y8C6MI-WDPSaCudsr4PY/edit#gid=0&vpid=A1
>
> There is a tab in this spreadsheet where these are sorted by topic. Please
> review sessions relevant to your committee.
>
> We have seven breakout rooms, but based on strong feedback we are trying
> to stay to five tracks of scheduled content + BOF to reduce conflicting
> sessions. We have two special cases - (1) Data Stewardship business meeting
> needs to be earlier than other business meetings b/c the Council for Data
> Facilities will meet all day on Friday and (2) the Council for Data
> Facilities is adding a sixth track on Friday.
>
> Let me know if you have comments or comment directly to the doc -
>
> Thanks,
> Erin

Justin Goldstein, Ph.D.
Advance Science Climate Data and Observing Systems Coordinator
US Global Change Research Program

1800 G Street NW, Suite 9100,  (*Note New Address)*
Washington, D.C. 20006, U.S.A.
phone: (202) 419-3496
e-mail: jgoldstein AT usgcrp Dot gov

http://www.globalchange.gov