[Esip_dmtraining] All-Call Data Management Training call tomorrow, 9 am Pacific

Nancy Hoebelheinrich nhoebel at kmotifs.com
Wed Jun 1 14:01:36 EDT 2016

Hello, everyone:

This is a reminder about the Data Management Training call tomorrow,
Thursday, 9 am Pacific, 10 am Mountain, 11 am Central, noon Eastern.  Call
in instructions can be found on the esip telecons webpage at:
http://www.esipfed.org/telecons

One of the questions this group has discussed in the past are best practice
ways to train data management professionals.  In light of those discussions,
and our continued interest, I have invited Shawn Smith, Senior Research
Associate with the Center for Ocean-Atmospheric Prediction Studies at
Florida State University, to join us on the call to discuss his experiences
helping to develop guidance for training marine technicians for the Marine
Advanced Technology Education (MATE) Center.    I am attaching to this email
the pdf version of the Knowledge and Skills Guide for Oceanographic
Instrumentation Technicians that resulted from Shawn’s work with the MATE
Center.  We invite you to take a look and maybe we can discuss further how
this model may be used for data management professionals.

Other agenda items include:

·         Shawn Smith presentation  & group discussion

·         Updates:

o   DMT Clearinghouse project

o   RDAP 2016 report from Shelley Knuth, if present

o   Role-based topics for additional data management training resources

o   Anybody have anything else to report?

§  DataONE?

§  USGS DMT or Community for Data Integration activities?

§  RDA working groups?

§  UC Santa Barbara librarian group looking at data management training?

·         Discussion of how / whether to identify / develop core knowledge
for data management training professionals & relationship with training for
data curators / data scientists

·         Anything else?

Let us know if you want to add anything to the agenda. Hope to talk with you
tomorrow!

Regards,

Nancy

 <https://kmotifs.com/> _LOGOhiResTRANSPARENT_4800pxRGB