[Esip_dmtraining] ESIP DMT Working Group monthly call this Thursday, August 3rd

Nancy Hoebelheinrich nhoebel at kmotifs.com
Tue Aug 1 17:24:41 EDT 2017

Hello, everyone:

Despite having a busy and productive week at both the DataONE User's Group
meeting and ESIP Summer, we'd like to have our monthly call this month as
there's a lot to talk about and some upcoming deadlines related to possible
funding opportunities for the DMT Clearinghouse for which we'd like to
prepare.  So, please plan to attend the call on Thursday, August 3rd, 8:30
am Pacific, 9:30 am Mountain, 10:30 am Central, and 11:30 am Eastern.  The
call-in information can be found on the ESIP telecom website at:
http://www.esipfed.org/telecons and below:

https://www.gotomeeting.com/join/908109365

You can also dial in using your phone.

United States: +1 (646) 749-3112

Access Code: 908-109-365

The final agenda for the call (and meeting notes from previous meetings) can
be found at:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1p3y5IriUqTBQZQtBJuHfzIgBz7BUp6RTNp8IbqJw
zvw/edit.

Draft Agenda:

1.	Recap of sessions / ideas from DataONE DUG & ESIP Summer sessions
for DMT WG objectives
2.	DMT Clearinghouse:

a.	Strategic Plan development
b.	Governance ideas (Advisory Board / Steering Committee
c.	Marketing Plan
d.	Opportunities for articles / blogs
e.	Collaborative partner development ideas
f.	Funding opps:

1.	Requests from ESIP for WG - ideas?
2.	Science Gateways - consulting services
3.	IMLS grants - ideas & possible collaborators
4.	Others?

2.	Core skills dvlpment for data professionals - what next?
3.	Reports from other organizations?
4.	Anything else?

Hope to see you on the call!  Please let Sophie or me know if you have
questions.  Thanks!

Nancy

 <https://kmotifs.com/> _LOGOhiResTRANSPARENT_4800pxRGB

Nancy J. Hoebelheinrich