[Esip_dmtraining] FW: You are invited to submit an abstract to a daa mgmt capacity building session at AGU Fall Meeting

Nancy Hoebelheinrich nhoebel at kmotifs.com
Tue Jul 10 12:26:18 EDT 2018

Dear all:

My co-convener and I would like to alert you to the AGU session
<https://agu.confex.com/agu/fm18/prelim.cgi/Session/52302>  IN011: Building
Research Data Management Capacity: Targeted Data Training for the Research
Team at the <https://fallmeeting.agu.org/2018/>  2018 AGU Fall Meeting
(Washington DC, 10-14 December) and encourage you or colleagues who are
involved in capacity building activities surrounding data management
training to consider submitting an abstract.

As the research climate demands increasing levels of data literacy among its
researchers, a variety of training options are in development. This session
aims to explore approaches to data management capacity building activities
in order to inform researchers, teams, and funders of some existing options
and empower them to build knowledge about approaches that fit with their
goals and institutional requirements.

Abstracts are due 1 August 2018, 11:59 P.M. EDT.

We hope that you consider submitting an abstract yourself or forwarding this
notice to your colleagues. We believe this session can be a timely platform
to increase awareness of the myriad of approaches to data planning,
stewardship, and sharing, and are hoping to showcase a broad range of
training activities that address the research life cycle, team members, and
disciplinary considerations.

You can learn more about submission guidelines at the
<https://fallmeeting.agu.org/2018/abstract-submissions/>  AGU abstract
submission site, and you are welcome to contact us any time with questions.

Please note, this invite does not include registration to AGU's Fall
Meeting, abstract submission fees, or travel/housing support.   Sorry for
any duplication of this message.

Yours sincerely,

Nancy Hoebelheinrich and Rowena Davis

 <https://kmotifs.com/> _LOGOhiResTRANSPARENT_4800pxRGB