[ESIP-AQ] Announcement of Applied Remote Sensing Education and Training list serv

Ana Prados Ana.I.Prados at nasa.gov
Thu Nov 5 11:55:38 EST 2009

*Announcement of Applied Remote Sensing Education and Training list serv*.

NASA Applied Sciences is supporting an effort lead by
Ana Prados, Sundar Christopher and Richard Kleidman to provide professional
education and outreach training and materials in air quality remote
sensing.  The target audience is current or potential users
of NASA remote sensing data for air quality applications. However, much
of our material is also suitable for those wanting more information on
remote sensing in general.  The presentations are freely available for
anyone wishing to use them for applications or teaching purposes.   For more
information and access to the materials please see our
website http://aerocenter.gsfc.nasa.gov/asrs

A new feature of our site is Air Quality case studies.  We intend this
to be an interactive feature where we post a new case study, as a Google
Earth file,  every 2 - 3 weeks and invite those new to air quality
remote sensing to post their own analysis.  At the end of this time
period we will post the "professional analysis" of the case study.

If you have presentations or other materials that you are willing to
share with the public we would like the opportunity to post them on our
site.  If you are willing to volunteer to be a guest scientist to provide
analysis of a case study please let us know.

We are also starting a list serv to inform interested parties of new
materials, workshops and case studies.

We encourage you to sign up for our list serv and to pass this
information on to others.
To sign up please visit:

Please share this with your colleagues, students, etc.
*
NOTE: we will not be filling your in-boxes with tons of emails, only
for relevant announcements !!*

Ana I. Prados, Ph.D
Joint Center for Earth Systems Technology (JCET)
NASA/GSFC, Code 610.2
Greenbelt, MD 20771
301-614-5494 (office)
703-338-2119 (cell)