[ESIP-AQ] Proposal for AQ COP session at ESIP winter meeting

Rudolf Husar rhusar at me.wustl.edu
Thu Nov 8 14:45:48 EST 2012

Ok, I touched up the 2013 AQWG
Agenda<http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Air_Quality_Breakout,_ESIP_2013_Winter_Meeting>page..
and added an item on the AQ Data Network.

So on the wiki page, people can add their agenda items and we all can see
the developing state of the agenda.

Looks like ww will have a good session,

Best
Rudy

On Thu, Nov 8, 2012 at 12:25 PM, Erin Robinson <erinrobinson at esipfed.org>wrote:

> Hi Ann, All -
>
> I've added your note to the AQ ESIP wiki workspace<http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Air_Quality_Breakout,_ESIP_2012_Winter_Meeting>,
> hopefully that's ok. Everyone can make changes there as needed.
>
> Best-
> Erin
>
> *Erin Robinson*
> Information and Virtual Community Director
> Foundation for Earth Science | 314.369.9954 | erinrobinson at esipfed.org
> www.esipfed.org
> [image: Facebook]<http://www.facebook.com/pages/Federation-of-Earth-Science-Information-Partners-ESIP/150015055044779>
>  [image: Twitter] <http://www.twitter.com/ESIPFed> [image: Vimeo]<http://www.vimeo.com/esipfed>
>

> On Thu, Nov 8, 2012 at 12:32 PM, Ann Keane <ann.keane at noaa.gov> wrote:
>

>> Thanks to everyone who responded.  It sounds like there is enough
>> interest in this to submit the session proposal and work out a more
>> detailed agenda as the meeting approaches.
>>
>> Based on having 2 1.5 hour sessions, I'd like to propose using the first
>> session for short overview presentations that would summarize the community
>> developments and the second as a work session to focus on specific
>> developments, tutorials or use cases.
>>
>> For the first session could we have 15 minute presentations on the
>> current state of data services from Juelich, DataFed, ECCAD, NOAA and any
>> others.  Additional overview topics?  I would be interested in hearing
>> about issues faced by modelers in accessing data services.
>>

>> For the second a couple of potential topics:
>>
>> - Use cases for the existing services
>>
>> - Discussion of technologies for access to large data for various types
>> of post-processing web services.  The IRODS group may be presenting at ESIP
>> as well.
>>
>> - How to proceed with metadata data developments started in Dublin.
>>
>> - Discussion of the next versions of WCS and DAP.
>>

>> Any other thoughts on how we should structure this session and topics to
>> include?
>>

>> -Ann
>>

>> On 11/4/2012 12:51 PM, Erin Robinson wrote:
>>
>>> Hi All -
>>>
>>> I think the session looks great as well. Ann, thanks for starting the
>>> planning. It seems like 3 hrs total (2 1.5 hr blocks) for this would be
>>> appropriate. Thoughts?
>>>
>>> Here is the link for registration to the ESIP meeting for both in person
>>> and remote: https://www.regonline.com/**esipfederationwintermeeting201**
>>> 3 <https://www.regonline.com/esipfederationwintermeeting2013> For
>>> planning, registration rates for in-person attendees increase Dec. 1.
>>>
>>> Looking forward to a productive session -
>>>
>>> *Erin Robinson*
>>>
>>> Information and Virtual Community Director
>>> Foundation for Earth Science | 314.369.9954 | erinrobinson at esipfed.org
>>> www.esipfed.org
>>> [image: Facebook]<http://www.facebook.**com/pages/Federation-of-Earth-**
> [...]

Rudolf B. Husar, Professor and Director
Center for Air Pollution Impact and Trend Analysis (CAPITA),
Washington University,
1 Brookings Drive, Box 1180
St. Louis, MO 63130
+1 314 935 6099