[ESIP-AQ] ESIP Summer Meeting AQ Session | July 22 11am ET

Sahara Ali sali9 at umbc.edu
Sat Jul 16 16:37:45 EDT 2022

Dear All,

A quicker reminder for our ESIP Summer Meeting AQ Cluster Session on
"*Brainstorming
Features of a Proposed Community Air Quality Toolkit with the Air Quality
Cluster*" happening next Friday (July 22 11:00am - 12:30pm ET):
https://sched.co/12esp

*About the session:*Air quality is a major environmental concern for
communities, and recent studies have shown that vulnerable, disadvantaged
communities are disproportionately impacted by poor air quality. While many
data resources and tools are available, vulnerable communities face great
challenges in learning about and effectively using the resources. ESIP’s
work, including Open Science and FAIR, can play an important part in
helping communities obtain understandable, actionable information that they
can use to protect public health and wellbeing. This session (ideally)
would follow on the “Open Source Air Quality Analytic Collaborative
Frameworks” session and use their work as an important input. We will
brainstorm the idea of a Community Air Quality Toolkit that would provide a
framework for communities, importantly including vulnerable ones, to
jumpstart efforts to use air quality data and tools. We will explore
potential needs and opportunities and examine ways to collaborate with
other ESIP activities such as those of the Envirosensing cluster. The
intended output of the session will be a draft roadmap for engaging with
users and building a prototype Toolkit within 2 years or less.

*Speakers:- *Steve Young <https://www.linkedin.com/in/steve-young-4257a95/>
- Beth Huffer
<https://www.linkedin.com/in/ACoAAAAtOLsB3hB_o61jFD8DF0i9_EimAPi3yuA>
- Karen Moe
<https://www.linkedin.com/in/ACoAAAEyOdIBIuURNydd1izP3OYZoPYzUc4dYVo>

Please join us if you are attending the ESIP's SM22, either in person or
virtually or share this session with your colleagues who are attending
ESIP.

Best Regards,
Sahara Ali
PhD Student  | Big Data Analytics Lab
<https://bdal.umbc.edu/people/sahara-ali/>
Department of Information Systems
Member  GSSC - Graduate Students Success Committee
1000 Hilltop Cir, Baltimore, MD 21250
Community Fellow - ESIP <https://www.esipfed.org/about/people>

"The only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found
it yet, keep looking. Don't settle."