[Esip-citationguidelines] Citation meeting this week

Mark Parsons parsonsm.work at icloud.com
Mon Sep 14 17:40:07 EDT 2020

Hi all,

The group is now focussing on *credit* for research artifacts. Everyone should identify and share related efforts noting the coordinating organization, general scope, reach or relevance to ESIP etc. Please enter these in the “Credit initiatives” tab of the objects and concerns spread

In that general vein, this week we will have a presentation from Richard Wynne - The founder and leader of rescognito <https://rescognito.com/> a free service for recognizing and promoting good research citizenship. Rescognito is built on ORCIDs and allows organizations to reward contributors with ‘Cogs’, the currency of recognition in the research world. ESIP is working with Rescognito to recognize contributions to the community. Check out https://rescognito.com/yourORCIDgoeshere <https://rescognito.com/yourORCIDgoeshere> to see your Rescognito ledger or take a look at Ted’s <https://rescognito.com/0000-0003-3585-6733>, Sheila’s <https://rescognito.com/0000-0002-1196-6279>, Daniella’s <https://rescognito.com/0000-0003-2255-1869>, or Richard’s <https://rescognito.com/0000-0002-9217-0407>.

If you missed Richard’s presentation in the Identifying ESIP session, please watch it. It’s only 16 minutes. It starts at 22:00 at https://youtu.be/S8YYu3Irxdo <https://youtu.be/S8YYu3Irxdo> ]

For this meeting, Richard will start to get down in the weeds of how cogs are defined, what taxonomies they use and how they decided, and the overall sustanaibility of the organization.

Come with questions!

Alas, I cannot attend, but Madison Langseth will keep you all on track :-)

cheers,

-m.

Meeting Notes <https://docs.google.com/document/d/18ooEixbchKp-qgAG7qtnebKrWDYsutt4d2eX3HsaWls/edit#>

https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/429077789 <https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/429077789>