[Esip-citationguidelines] meeting Thursday

Daniel S. Katz d.katz at ieee.org
Thu Oct 22 08:51:49 EDT 2020

I can't make it today either - sorry.  (I was trying to rearrange some things, but failed)

I'm now adding some comments and suggestions in the Credit paper draft.

Overall, I think that having one system for papers and other systems for other artifacts is problematic.  Much like I hope that discussions of FAIR for research software and other artifacts does not lead to lots of FAIR guidelines, but instead one set of more general FAIR guidelines, I think we should be thinking of how to generalize what we do regarding credit, not develop additional systems.

Dan

> On Oct 20, 2020, at 4:02 PM, Mark Parsons via Esip-citationguidelines <esip-citationguidelines at lists.esipfed.org <mailto:esip-citationguidelines at lists.esipfed.org>> wrote:
>
> Hey kids,
>
> We’re on for Thursday, 2020-10-22 16:00 UTC at https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/429077789 <https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/429077789>
>

> Agenda:
> Takeaways from Rescognito discussion last month. Do we have follow up? Does the CRediT discussion in the Documentation Cluster inform our work? -- Madison, Ted, others?.
> Credit paper. As per our August meeting discussion, I started a paper outline. Please edit and comment liberally at https://docs.google.com/document/d/1BsZJREpEGtWVqlP8g4h-IDwnZlGj1B3wWHvG40dEpt8/edit?usp=sharing <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1BsZJREpEGtWVqlP8g4h-IDwnZlGj1B3wWHvG40dEpt8/edit?usp=sharing>
> Did I get the basic thesis statement right?
> Is the general outline ok?
> What next?
> Session at winter meeting? Do we want one? What should we do?
> The Information Quality Cluster is starting to think about citation of citizen science data. How can we help? Who wants to be the lead liaison with that cluster?
> The Data Stewardship Committee (with which we are affiliated) is thinking of focussing on one affiliate cluster per month. When do we want to be on tap?
>

> Notes: https://docs.google.com/document/d/18ooEixbchKp-qgAG7qtnebKrWDYsutt4d2eX3HsaWls/edit?usp=sharing <https://docs.google.com/document/d/18ooEixbchKp-qgAG7qtnebKrWDYsutt4d2eX3HsaWls/edit?usp=sharing>
>
> cheers,
>
> -m.
>
> Cluster home page
> http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Research_Object_Citation <http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Research_Object_Citation>
> Virtual location:
> Please join my meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone.
> https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/429077789 <https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/429077789>
> You can also dial in using your phone.
> United States: +1 (646) 749-3112
> Access Code: 429-077-789
>
> First GoToMeeting? Let's do a quick system check: https://link.gotomeeting.com/system-check <https://link.gotomeeting.com/system-check>_______________________________________________
> Esip-citationguidelines mailing list
> Esip-citationguidelines at lists.esipfed.org <mailto:Esip-citationguidelines at lists.esipfed.org>

Daniel S. Katz
Assistant Director for Scientific Software and Applications, NCSA
Research Associate Professor, CS
Research Associate Professor, ECE
Research Associate Professor, iSchool
University of Illinois