[ESIP-ResearchArtifactCitation] Some other ESIP work: Funding Friday Project titled Identifying ESIP

Diana diana.ma at hippocampusanalytics.com
Mon Apr 10 08:52:56 EDT 2023

Good morning, Ted,

Thank you for providing a link to this ESIP work!  In it, there is a citation that lest than 10% of current Crossref journal article metadata<https://www.tedhabermann.com/blog/2019/3/25/the-big-picture-how-has-crossref-metadata-completeness-improved>. , however, that link is broken. It appears to be work that you have done. Can you provide the citation? In particular, I am interested in the methods.

I am aware of several persistent identifier systems and some that are under development (e.g. one to track GSA awards). It might be useful to review the level of implementation of existing systems across the Earth Sciences.

Warm regards
Diana Ma