[Esip-preserve] Submitted sessions - physical objects

Erin Robinson erinrobinson at esipfed.org
Tue Apr 2 19:16:16 EDT 2013

Denise, Ruth - for now let's go w/2. We can always scale back.

On Tuesday, April 2, 2013, Denise Hills wrote:

> Ruth, I'm not sure if we need two full sessions, but wasn't sure that one
> was enough either. I'm perfectly happy for discussion as to what others
> think - if we cover everything in a single session, there may be less time
> for interaction, but at the same time, it may be too much time commitment
> for many for two sessions.
>
> What are others thoughts?
>
> Denise J. Hills
> Acting Program Director, Energy Investigations
> Geological Survey of Alabama
> P.O. Box 869999
> Tuscaloosa, AL 35486-6999
> Office 205-247-3695
> Mobile 205-239-8191
>
> On Apr 2, 2013, at 17:27, "Ruth Duerr" <rduerr at nsidc.org<javascript:_e({}, 'cvml', 'rduerr at nsidc.org');>>
> wrote:
>
> Hi Denise,
>
> I think the session proposal looks fine; but are you sure you need two
> full sessions?  I ask as the conference as a whole isn't that long and it
> is typically hard to maintain an audience for two full sessions (in other
> words they may end up being two of the same session with just different
> people for the most part).  If two full sessions are a mandatory
> requirement then I think there needs to be some way to make it clear
> whether people need to commit to both sessions or not.
>
> Ruth
>
> On Mar 29, 2013, at 10:41 AM, Denise Hills <dhills at gsa.state.al.us<javascript:_e({}, 'cvml', 'dhills at gsa.state.al.us');>>
> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> I've submitted two sessions to the commons relating to physical objects
> and requested that they go back to back. Please feel free to edit, add as
> lead (I don't need to do it by myself, but didn't want to commit anyone
> else!), etc. The links are:
>
> Physical Object Preservation Challenges and Opportunities Part 1 - Do
> digital standards and practices work for physical objects?
> http://commons.esipfed.org/node/1467
>
> Physical Object Preservation Challenges and Opportunities Part 2 - Can we
> make any recommendations for Data Collection Structure?
> http://commons.esipfed.org/node/1468
>
> Thanks for your assistance!
>

> Denise Hills
> Acting Program Director, Energy Investigations
> Geological Survey of Alabama
> office (205) 247-3694
> cell (205) 239-8191
> dhills at gsa.state.al.us <javascript:_e({}, 'cvml',
> 'dhills at gsa.state.al.us');>

*Erin Robinson*
Information and Virtual Community Director
Foundation for Earth Science | 314.369.9954 | erinrobinson at esipfed.org
www.esipfed.org
[image: Facebook]<http://www.facebook.com/pages/Federation-of-Earth-Science-Information-Partners-ESIP/150015055044779>
 [image: Twitter] <http://www.twitter.com/ESIPFed> [image: