[Esip-public-private-partnerships] Public Private Partnership and USGEO

Susan Shingledecker susanshingledecker at esipfed.org
Wed Nov 18 07:53:34 EST 2020

Public Private Partnership Cluster,

Good morning! I am sorry to hear your call today was postponed but I wanted
to share some exciting news of interest to the group.

We are working with USGEO on a scheduling a "tabletop" exercise looking at
diving into some of the challenges with public private partnerships at
their request. The aim is to focus on a scenario that looks at licensing
blended products with commercial and federal data. Kevin Pomfret will be
facilitating as he has conducted similar exercises in other geographies.
Currently we are looking at dates shortly after the Winter meeting for a 3
hour exercise. The exercise will likely be limited to 15-20 invited
participants but there will be space for observers.

USGEO is very interested in Public Private Partnerships and I would like to
connect them with the work of your cluster as a way to keep the
conversation going and advancing. Ideally there will be a series of
scenarios we work through over time. I wanted to bring you all into the
conversation as this work advances. I am really excited for the work of
your cluster and how we can make a real impact. If you have thoughts on
good "scenarios" to explore or other questions or ideas please feel free to
reach out.

Susan

--
*Susan Shingledecker*