[Esip-sample-curation] Cluster updates and Session ideas for the ESIP Summer Meeting

Sarah Ramdeen sramdeen at ldeo.columbia.edu
Tue Apr 13 17:18:51 EDT 2021

Hello Everyone,

The deadline for submitting abstracts to the ESIP summer meeting is fast
approaching.  We would like to gather community input on what topics to
focus on for the summer meeting.  I have created a draft document
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1CxsHd4Q8bEpCarFhEAxdX325B_NxL5uxs5KlvS8jtns/edit?usp=sharing>.
Please add your comments by EOD Thursday April 15th.  We will take your
feedback and incorporate it into the final submission due April 16th.

At the ESIP winter meeting we discussed holding regular cluster meetings. I
will be sending out a doodle poll to assist with establishing a time.
Knowing that we have an international community, if you are in an unusual
time zone, can you please let us know by the end of this week? I will use
this information to set up the poll and will distribute it early next
week.  Aiming for our first meeting in May.

One thing to keep in mind while developing topics for the summer meeting,
the meeting will take place the week of July 19-23rd. If we can identify
one or two priority tasks, we can work on them during May and June for
final discussion at the Summer meeting.

Thanks!
Sarah

Sarah Ramdeen -- sramdeen at ldeo.columbia.edu

A member of the SESAR Team
info at geosamples.org

System for Earth SAmple Registration
Interdisciplinary Earth Data Alliance Research Group
<http://www.iedadata.org/>http://www.iedadata.org