[Esip-sample-curation] Sample Guidance and Upcoming Meeting

Joan Damerow JoanDamerow at lbl.gov
Thu Jan 18 15:31:56 EST 2024

Hi all,

We are in the process of publishing the first version of "A Scientific
Author Guide for Publishing Open Research Using Physical Samples
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1PbLW3SUtr_HZZ_4XnUIZN3dezsIZnR7V9H4ot7prwAg/edit#heading=h.qtqnd262s2d2>"
in the ESIP Figshare. Thank you to all who have contributed. Feedback is
still very welcome in this and future versions. We are planning to publish
revised versions in the future to incorporate any feedback over time.

Here is the current metadata to describe the document
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Var9Vo-EkIKNQ79Laxua9QhKqOh6SQOiDMsrnoU8p3g/edit#heading=h.oe07th3riuiq>.
I added authors based on known contributions, please add or remove your
name here as an author, as needed.

We hope to see many of you in ESIP next week, particularly for our session
on Friday, 11 am - 12:30 pm ET, Community and Technical Needs to Facilitate
Sample Citation
<https://2024januaryesipmeeting.sched.com/event/1XYQT/community-and-technical-needs-to-facilitate-sample-citation>
.

Best regards,
ESIP Physical Samples Curation Cluster Co-Chairs, and Community Fellow
Joan Damerow, Andrea Thomer, Val Stanley, Natalie Raia

--
Joan Damerow
Research Scientist