[Esip-schema-dot-org] [EXTERNAL] Re: TimeSeries data as an extension of CreativeWorkW

Adam Shepherd ashepherd at whoi.edu
Mon Mar 18 17:13:45 EDT 2024

Haha, nothing like saying hi to yourself!! One of those days :) Thank you, Dan!!

On Mar 18, 2024, at 5:12 PM, Adam Shepherd <ashepherd at whoi.edu> wrote:

Hi Adam, thanks so much for the references here!!

The main driver here is that in the geosciences, we have some Time Series science initiatives going back some decades, and are looking to 1) elevate the Time Series activities themselves for discovery, 2) deacribe the collection events within these initiatives and 3) logically grip and correlate datasets generated from these events.

Piet Luigi Buttigieg had already done some work in this space and has presented using the EventSeries type to help us describe the science initiative. So this looks like a better fit than my initial idea.

But these data commons resources will be useful in helping us work out how these time series datasets might be used (I think), so I’m excited to take a look.

Thank you for chiming in and engaging with us!!! Happy to report back what we land on if useful.

Cheers, Adam