[Esip-semanticharmonization] [EXT]Re: SWEET ENVO Cryosphere term mapping

Kai Blumberg kblumberg at email.arizona.edu
Thu Jun 18 12:37:59 EDT 2020

I've updated the sheet, I had missed classes from the SWEET atmospheric
precipitation hierarchy.

As for suggestions I'd defer to Ruth's domain expertise, but some I have:

1) SWEET `hoar crystal`: ENVO has a hoar
<http://purl.obolibrary.org/obo/ENVO_01001845> hierarchy, however, two of
it's subclasses glaze <http://purl.obolibrary.org/obo/ENVO_01001849> and
hoarfrost <http://purl.obolibrary.org/obo/ENVO_01001847> are missing
definitions

2) SWEET `ice stream`: ENVO has englacial stream
<http://purl.obolibrary.org/obo/ENVO_03000018> which seems similar but may
or may not be the same concept.

3) SWEET `seasonal ice`: ENVO has a sea ice
<http://purl.obolibrary.org/obo/ENVO_00002200> hierarchy which includes first
year ice <http://purl.obolibrary.org/obo/ENVO_03000071> with seasonal ice
as a related synonym, but not as an exact synonym so perhaps this can be
further pinned down.

4) Finally some other SWEET concepts missing from ENVO include: `hail` (as
a material we have the process), `graupel`, `granular ice`, `ice particle`,
`ice pellet`, `sleet`, `snow facies`, `snow grain`

Cheers,
Kai