[Esip-semanticharmonization] 2020 ESIP Summer Meeting - Time to Set up our Schedule

Gary Berg-Cross gbergcross at gmail.com
Mon Jul 6 16:38:00 EDT 2020

Yes, it is OBO and not BFO.  Here is what we had in the notes (is James
Overton scheduled??):

   -

   Overview
   -

      Scope of disciplines covered
      -

      OBO Foundry history, issues and status (James Overton)
      -

   Principles for content inclusion (and organization??)
   -

   Operational organization
   -

      How to build a well curated, harmonized collection
      -

      How to maintain a well curated collection
      -

      How to show interoperability across the semantic spectrum
      -

      What services are needed (especially for vocabularies and other low
      expressivity resources-- {MPS note eg. subsumption resolution seems
      required; how about resolving symmetry or transitivity in Obj Props?
      Having an Onto Repo that does some simple,reliable reasoning of this sort
      -- similar to JENA Ontology API level, might be a worthwhile goal or at
      least, discussion?}
      -

Gary Berg-Cross Ph.D.
Independent Consultant
Potomac, MD
240-426-0770

"The point of books is to have way too many but to always feel you never
have enough, or the right one at the right moment..."  *Louise Erdrich*
<http://www.poetryfoundation.org/bio/louise-erdrich>