[Esip-semanticharmonization] ***SPAM*** Re: [EXT]Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: 2020 ESIP Summer Meeting - Time to Set up our Schedule

Pier Luigi Buttigieg pbuttigi at mpi-bremen.de
Fri Jul 10 13:37:41 EDT 2020

> What do others feel about giving John 5 minutes to talk about
> vocabulary initiatives within the Biodiversity realm?

It's a bit tight - I invited Gwen for oceans, but she's not going to
have a slot, rather participate in the breakouts. I assume John can do
this same. It's very important that he understands that his brief is to
represent the biodiv community writ large.

> That connection is extremely important to most any researcher studying
> how the physical environment relates to the biosphere, at least if
> they need to "name" the affected entities in the biosphere, clarify
> how these entities are related, or connect them to physical samples
> (specimens) or sequences.

This would be an excellent brief to give John D