[Esip-semanticharmonization] Reminder on today's ESIP Semantic Harmonization group meeting

Gary Berg-Cross gbergcross at gmail.com
Wed Oct 14 16:24:13 EDT 2020

Here is a link to the recording and notes for the last 2/3rd or so of
today's meeting.

https://transcripts.gotomeeting.com/#/s/08a24e27b6785b7badbe2474fc93311d93831984492b70fb28090502eefe1ff6

Gary Berg-Cross
Independent Consultant
Potomac, MD
240-426-0770
"Urbanization, the industrialization of food systems, and the building of
highways may have contributed to GDP over the short term, but they have
created societal vulnerability over the longer term. In a world of Peak
Oil, scarce fresh water, unstable currencies, changing climate, and
declining trade, true “development” may require implementation of policies
at odds with — sometimes the very reverse of — those of recent decades."
>From -Richard Heinberg's *The End of Growth: Adapting to Our New Economic
Reality*