[Esip-semanticharmonization] Reminder to join tomorrow's (12/9/20) ESIP Semantic Harmonization 2 hour group meeting

Gary Berg-Cross gbergcross at gmail.com
Tue Dec 8 09:23:49 EST 2020

Having made significant progress we should be able to finish the remaining
Cryo items.

That might leave time to discuss our session for the Winter ESIP meeting.

join our meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone using the link
below
https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/800617765

You can also dial in using your phone.
United States: +1 (408) 650-3123

Access Code: 800-617-765
Gary Berg-Cross Ph.D.
Consultant
Potomac, MD
240-426-0770
We thought the pandemic would offer a big. but simple lesson: people are
clearly better off when their leaders are rational, honest, empathetic and
have the suite of Humanist virtues articulated as central in classic times.
Sure we see the unfortunate reality that most leaders didn't and don’t
actually fit this profile. But now with multiple global crises we see the
limitations of macho leadership and angry responses so often worshiped as
heroic such as is seen in pop culture. The thirty dozen isn't going to
rescue us. It's more of a long-term, pragmatic effort that requires all of
the virtues and a shared belief in truth and reality.