[Esip-semanticharmonization] [EXT]Re: ESIP summer session for Semantic Harmonization?

Gary Berg-Cross gbergcross at gmail.com
Fri Apr 9 10:58:09 EDT 2021

Here are some of my thoughts.
We have talked about kicking off some type collaborative
semantic harmonization activities
 with the Bio, Marine and/or Soil  clusters.  Each probably has its
advantages.
The Marine has probably been talked about the longest and just had a
meeting scheduled Thursday.  Is that still active and if so did anyone
attend that?
  The Soil cluster is currently the one I personally attend and see most
activity in but not using a semantic harmonization approach. ( I added
Kathe to this email and she may have an opinion and/or plans for the Summer
Session).

 If we are talking about surfacing this at the Summer Session after we
start with a cluster we might have progress to show.
But given scant resources we might only have time to show progress with one
of these cluster areas.  We might need some low hanging fruit to start with
such as an agreed upon list of 20-30 terms with working definitions to
start and an Ontology to relate these to.

Gary Berg-Cross Ph.D.
Consultant
Potomac, MD
240-426-0770