[Esip-sustainabledm] [External Email] Please review pages 8-10 of the CARE paper draft

Antognoli, Erin - REE-ARS erin.antognoli at usda.gov
Tue Jul 11 10:23:25 EDT 2023

Ruth,

I like this structure so far. It breaks up the content into bite size chunks to highlight the steps repos can take more clearly. It will still get long, but that's probably unavoidable with a topic like this.

I made a comment about language being clearer and sticking to one tense or the other but wasn't sure if we were at that point yet so didn't make any more suggestions. I see several places where we could reword to switch to active voice to make the statements more direct and action oriented. This will probably also shorten some of the content slightly. Let me know if you want me to go over this to make those changes and whether I should use track changes or not.

Erin Antognoli, MLIS<https://ischool.umd.edu/academics/masters-programs/master-of-library-and-information-science/>
Pronouns<https://pronouns.org/what-and-why>: she/her/hers

Data Curation Team Lead & Metadata Librarian
The USDA National Agricultural Library
Knowledge Services Division
Erin.Antognoli at usda.gov<mailto:Erin.Antognoli at usda.gov>