[Esip-agclimate] Fwd: Scheduling Esip-agclimate telecon + minutes

Bill Teng william.l.teng at nasa.gov
Fri Sep 6 15:19:17 EDT 2013

Minutes of today's (9/6/13) telecon

Attendees: Carol, Erin, Arif, Bill

0. Summary of recent meetings w/ USDA speakers
- LTAR operates at the action level, thus developing relationships with
it is more immediately promising.
- CCPO operates at the coordination level (and at the USGCRP level),
across 13 USDA agencies, so it'll probably take more time to get things
going with it.

1. Prepare for presentation to LTAR and CCPO (overview on ESIP, relevant
projects by ESIP members, ...)
- Action: Carol will send an ESIP 101 presentation package for Bill to
use at the Sep. 16 LTAR webex. <== DONE
- Action: Bill will email send request to esip-all re: any members who
have collaborated or are collaborating with any USDA agencies.
- Known projects (so far): Bill with FAS and WAOB; Menas with NIFA (was
CSREES).

2. Inventory relevant ESIP assets; define "relevant"
- Discussed working towards some kind of inventory of needs and
capabilities (both USDA and ESIP) as a goal/deliverable for Jan. ESIP
meeting.
- Right now, too much is unknown; need to iterate, starting with LTAR
webex, the next step.
- ESIP is a forum in which any member has a voice. Experience has shown,
once in, members see the benefits and advantages. Question is how to
interest potential members who are still on the outside.
- Carol suggested organization that have individuals involved with, or
who are interested in, USDA: (1) NEON, the capabilities of which LTAR is
trying to replicate; (2) USGCRP (esp. regarding CCPO); (3) NASA
HQ/Applied Sciences; (4) USGEO
- Action: Bill to contact some or all.

3. Start planning ESIP Jan. 2014 meeting
- Should have better ideas after LTAR webex (9/16)
- Possible speakers to invite: Walbridge and/or Hohenstein (repeats from
Chapel HIll but in person); Simon Liu of National Ag Libe and POC for
LTAR data archive.
- Inventory of assets to focus on.

Please add, modify as needed. Thanks.

Bill

On 09/06/2013 11:23 AM, Teng, William L. (GSFC-610.2)[ADNET SYSTEMS INC]
wrote:
> A reminder for our first telecon this afternoon, 2-3 pm EDT. Talk with
> you all soon!
> /877-972-9852 <tel:877-972-9852>, passcode 955688/
>
> Thanks,
> Bill

* Bill Teng, Ph.D.                   |  William.L.Teng at nasa.gov        *
* Goddard Earth Sciences DISC        |  (301) 614-5164 (voice)         *
* (ADNET Systems, Inc.)              |  (301) 614-5268 (fax)           *
* NASA Goddard Space Flight Center   |  http://disc.gsfc.nasa.gov/     *
* Code 610.2                         |                                 *
* Greenbelt. MD. 20771  U.S.A.       |                                 *