[Esip-agclimate] concept map and network map examples

Reid Boehm mboehm at utk.edu
Wed Feb 5 13:39:56 EST 2014

Hi everyone,
This is a follow-up email after yesterday's meeting in response to our
discussion about creating a concept map of different activities and
organizations involved in ag/climate endeavors. I have an example from my
dissertation research that I did to narrow down topics and link ideas that
I was thinking about. The link to that is available from this blog page.
http://reidsearch.wordpress.com/2013/07/24/content-mapping/

Additionally, I have done work with social network analysis for ESIP that
reflects a similar visualization idea. (I've attached a file that shows an
example.) I think having a birds eye view of the efforts might be a good
way to show gaps or potential connections and to talk to other people about
it.
--Reid

Reid Isaac Boehm
Doctoral Student and Graduate Research/Teaching Associate
School of Information Science
College of Communication and Information
University of Tennessee, Knoxville

mboehm at utk.edu
865-202-6534