[Esip-agclimate] concept map and network map examples

Arif Albayrak Rustem.A.Albayrak at nasa.gov
Wed Feb 5 14:49:15 EST 2014

Hi Reid,

Nice visualization. Just wandering if you use Graphviz for your work
(couldn't open the .pdf but able to see .png file). Also I am wandering
if you can apply algorithms such as clustering and so on to your network?

thanks,

Arif

On 02/05/2014 01:39 PM, Reid Boehm wrote:
> Hi everyone,
> This is a follow-up email after yesterday's meeting in response to our
> discussion about creating a concept map of different activities and
> organizations involved in ag/climate endeavors. I have an example from
> my dissertation research that I did to narrow down topics and link
> ideas that I was thinking about. The link to that is available from
> this blog page.
> http://reidsearch.wordpress.com/2013/07/24/content-mapping/
>
> Additionally, I have done work with social network analysis for ESIP
> that reflects a similar visualization idea. (I've attached a file that
> shows an example.) I think having a birds eye view of the efforts
> might be a good way to show gaps or potential connections and to talk
> to other people about it.
> --Reid
>
> Reid Isaac Boehm
> Doctoral Student and Graduate Research/Teaching Associate
> School of Information Science
> College of Communication and Information
> University of Tennessee, Knoxville
>
> mboehm at utk.edu <mailto:mboehm at utk.edu>
> 865-202-6534

---------
Arif Albayrak
Goddard Earth Sciences DISC
NASA Goddard Space Flight Center
Code 610.2, Greenbelt. MD. 20771  U.S.A.

Tel   : (301) 614-5831
E-mail: Arif.Albayrak at nasa.gov
         http://disc.gsfc.nasa.gov/