[Esip-agclimate] Session title etc. for ESIP Summer Meeting

Bill Teng william.l.teng at nasa.gov
Fri Mar 21 16:00:22 EDT 2014

Hi, All:

I just submitted our proposed session (w/ tentative title) for the
Summer meeting (http://commons.esipfed.org/node/2331). Please take a
look and provide any feedback. Thanks.

Nancy - Thanks for your input. Yes, those are the three potential
speakers. A fourth one might be Brad Doorn of NASA Applied Sciences
(both Water Resources and Agriculture). Not all probably would be
available. But, if they are, I'm thinking to invite two of them, given
the time we'll have for a session. Last year, we had Mark Walbridge
(LTAR) and Bill Hohenstein (CCPO) giving remote presentations, which
worked fairly well. With the federal travel restrictions, we may be
doing something similar this year. I think we should still try to get
something going with Mark at LTAR, while keeping the larger context in
mind. So, I'm thinking of calling in the order of Mark, Simon Liu (NAL
and LTAR data system), Bill H., and Brad.

Please let me know what you all think and think we should do!

Thanks,
Bill

On 03/20/2014 10:54 PM, Nancy Hoebelheinrich wrote:
> Hi, Bill:
> I like this linkage a lot (connecting with the Climate Data Initiative and
> the USDA).  While there might be other sessions on the Climate Data
> Initiative, no one else will probably be making the connection with the
> USDA.  Presumably, we would be asking these 3 speakers to address that
> question, yes?
> Nancy
>

> Nancy J. Hoebelheinrich
> Information Analyst/Principal
> nhoebel at kmotifs.com
> San Mateo, CA  94401
> (v) 650-302-4493
> (f) 650-745-3333

* Bill Teng, Ph.D.                   |  William.L.Teng at nasa.gov        *
* Goddard Earth Sciences DISC        |  (301) 614-5164 (voice)         *
* (ADNET Systems, Inc.)              |  (301) 614-5268 (fax)           *
* NASA Goddard Space Flight Center   |  http://disc.gsfc.nasa.gov/     *
* Code 610.2                         |                                 *
* Greenbelt. MD. 20771  U.S.A.       |                                 *