[Esip-agclimate] Telecon Today 3pm EDT: ESIP Ag and Energy Climate Resilience and Case Studies

Lindsay Barbieri lkbar at uvm.edu
Tue Oct 6 09:12:58 EDT 2015

Hello all,

Reminder to join our Agriculture and Climate Cluster and the Energy and
Climate Workgroup continuing Climate Resilience and Case Study telecon
discussion:

*Today - Tuesday, October 6th at 3pm EDT / 12pm PDT*

Last month we discussed our "Next Steps" for developing actionable items
for supporting climate resilience: here are the meeting notes
<http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Agclimate_telecon_2015-09-01>.

Our telecon *today *will be an opportunity to learn the process for
developing a public Case Study for the Climate Resilience Toolkit from
agriculture or energy related studies, or climate resilience research. Take
a moment to look over the CRT's current Case Studies of Resiliency in Action
<https://toolkit.climate.gov/taking-action>.

*Today's Telecon Agenda:*

*1. CRT and Case Study Process - *We will first hear LuAnn Dahlman, from
the NOAA Climate Program Office, describe the Climate Resilience Toolkit
(CRT), the Case Study template, and the process towards a study becoming a
CRT Case Study.

*2.* *Climate Research - *We will then hear from Amir AghaKouchak from the
Center for Hydrology and Remote Sensing at the University of California,
Irvine who will describe his research, and what he thinks could be useful
as the basis for a case study. Here is his ESIP Summer Meeting
presentation: Remote sensing of drought: Progress and opportunities for
improving drought monitoring in California
<http://commons.esipfed.org/node/8000>

*3. Open Discussion* - Thoughts: What are the possibilities of our ESIP
communities working on developing CRT Case Studies from active climate
research? What would that process look like?

Thanks, and hope to see everyone on the WebEx today (login information
below)!
- Bar

*WebEx Login Information:*

To Join the online portion of the Personal Conference meeting
1. Go to https://esipfed.webex.comhttps://esipfed.webex.com
2. Click the “Meeting Center” tab
3. Select the Ag/Climate
If a password is required, enter the Meeting Password: 23140358
To start the audio portion of the Personal Conference meeting w/ phone
Call-in toll-free number (US/Canada):1-877-668-4493
Call-in toll number (US/Canada): +1-408-600-3600
Call-in toll number (US/Canada)*: +1-571-918-6008
Global call-in numbers:
https://esipfed.webex.com/esipfed/globalcallin.php?serviceType=MC&ED=9910728&tollFree=1
Toll-free dialing restrictions:
http://www.webex.com/pdf/tollfree_restrictions.pdf
Attendee access code: 231 403 58

--
Lindsay Barbieri
Agriculture and Climate Cluster: ESIP Federation Student Fellow