[Esip-agclimate] Telecon Today 3pm EDT: ESIP Ag and Energy Climate Resilience and Case Studies

Bill Teng william.l.teng at nasa.gov
Tue Oct 6 17:21:48 EDT 2015

Hi, All:

Thanks for joining our telecon this afternoon. And, a special thanks to
LuAnn and Amir for their presentations! It looks promising that some of
Amir's work can be transformed into a CRT Case Study. It'd be the pilot
one of a pipeline we hope to support to "feed" the CRT. :-)

Bill

On 10/06/2015 09:12 AM, Lindsay Barbieri via Esip-agclimate wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Reminder to join our Agriculture and Climate Cluster and the Energy
> and Climate Workgroup continuing Climate Resilience and Case Study
> telecon discussion:
>
> *
> *
> *Today - Tuesday, October 6th at 3pm EDT / 12pm PDT*
> *
> *
>
> Last month we discussed our "Next Steps" for developing actionable
> items for supporting climate resilience: here are the meeting notes
> <http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Agclimate_telecon_2015-09-01>.
>
> Our telecon *today *will be an opportunity to learn the process for
> developing a public Case Study for the Climate Resilience Toolkit from
> agriculture or energy related studies, or climate resilience
> research. Take a moment to look over the CRT's current Case Studies of
> Resiliency in Action <https://toolkit.climate.gov/taking-action>.
>

> *Today's Telecon Agenda:*
>

>     *1. CRT and Case Study Process - *We will first hear LuAnn
>     Dahlman, from the NOAA Climate Program Office, describe the
>     Climate Resilience Toolkit (CRT), the Case Study template, and the
>     process towards a study becoming a CRT Case Study.
>

>     *2.* *Climate Research - *We will then hear from Amir AghaKouchak
>     from the Center for Hydrology and Remote Sensing at the University
>     of California, Irvine who will describe his research, and what he
>     thinks could be useful as the basis for a case study. Here is his
>     ESIP Summer Meeting presentation: Remote sensing of drought:
>     Progress and opportunities for improving drought monitoring in
>     California <http://commons.esipfed.org/node/8000>
>

>     *3. Open Discussion* - Thoughts: What are the possibilities of our
>     ESIP communities working on developing CRT Case Studies from
>     active climate research? What would that process look like?
>

> Thanks, and hope to see everyone on the WebEx today (login information
> below)!
> - Bar
>

> *WebEx Login Information:*

> To Join the online portion of the Personal Conference meeting
> 1. Go to https://esipfed.webex.com
> <https://esipfed.webex.com/>https://esipfed.webex.com
> <https://esipfed.webex.com/>
> 2. Click the “Meeting Center” tab
> 3. Select the Ag/Climate
> If a password is required, enter the Meeting Password: 23140358
> To start the audio portion of the Personal Conference meeting w/ phone
> Call-in toll-free number (US/Canada):1-877-668-4493 <tel:1-877-668-4493>
> Call-in toll number (US/Canada): +1-408-600-3600 <tel:%2B1-408-600-3600>
> Call-in toll number (US/Canada)*: +1-571-918-6008 <tel:%2B1-571-918-6008>
> Global call-in
> numbers:https://esipfed.webex.com/esipfed/globalcallin.php?serviceType=MC&ED=9910728&tollFree=1
> Toll-free dialing
> restrictions:http://www.webex.com/pdf/tollfree_restrictions.pdf
> Attendee access code: 231 403 58

> [...]

* Bill Teng, Ph.D.                   |  William.L.Teng at nasa.gov        *
* Goddard Earth Sciences DISC        |  (301) 614-5164 (voice)         *
* (ADNET Systems, Inc.)              |  (301) 614-5268 (fax)           *
* NASA Goddard Space Flight Center   |  http://disc.gsfc.nasa.gov/     *
* Code 610.2                         |                                 *
* Greenbelt. MD. 20771  U.S.A.       |                                 *