[Esip-agclimate] ESIP 2017 Winter Meeting - postscript

Teng, William L. (GSFC-610.2)[ADNET SYSTEMS INC] william.l.teng at nasa.gov
Mon Jan 16 14:24:20 EST 2017

Oops, sorry, I forgot to mention the significant contributions (speakers!) Bar made to the success of the UAS/Drones in Agriculture session. We really appreciate it and look forward to continued collaborations between our two Clusters (Drone and Ag & Climate). Thanks!

Bill

________________________________
From: Teng, William L. (GSFC-610.2)[ADNET SYSTEMS INC]
Sent: Sunday, January 15, 2017 9:25 PM
To: esip-agclimate at lists.esipfed.org
Cc: nhoebel at kmotifs.com; christopher.beltz at yale.edu; mdbartos at umich.edu; erinrobinson at esipfed.org; Law, Emily S (JPL-3980)[Jet Propulsion Laboratory]
Subject: ESIP 2017 Winter Meeting - postscript

Hi, everyone:

Some notes from our two sessions at the Winter Meeting this past week.

- The CRT Workshop resulted in two more incipient stories for our Pipeline. Many thanks to LuAnn Dahlman for facilitating the process! Both presenters, Ying Sun and John Bolten, will be helping to move their respective stories through our "Pipeline."
- The UAS/Drones in Agriculture session provided complementary reviews of statuses in this fast-developing technology and related agriculture applications. We'll be following up with all three presenters, Casey Calamaio, Steve Thomson, and Nathan Stein, on potential collaborations.
- For those who couldn't be there in person or remotely, the presentations will be available in our session pages.
--- CRT Workshop: http://commons.esipfed.org/node/9528 (link to Ken Burns' video also added)
--- UAS/Drones in Agriculture: http://commons.esipfed.org/node/9546
- Notes from the sessions also will be added.
- Many thanks to Matt Bartos, a student fellow of the new "class of 2017," for his help in taking the notes, as well as facilitating the two remote presentations. Matt is the student fellow for the EnviroSensing Cluster (I think). We won't have a student fellow for this year.

Elsewhere, a new "UAS/Drones-related section" (http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/UAS/Drones-related) has been added to our wiki page, http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Agriculture_and_Climate, under Resources. Just one item there right now. Please feel free to add to it!

Looking ahead, Nancy and I are planning out our activities for 2017 (telecons, Summer Meeting sessions, etc.). More details to come! Any ideas and suggestions welcomed!

Please join us at our first telecon of the year, Feb. 7, 3 pm EST.

Finally, we very much appreciate all the help our just-"graduated" student fellow, Chris Beltz, provided to our Cluster all through last year, including handling all the telecons, facilitating the Winter and Summer Meetings, as well as developing our Cluster/CRT poster for the ESIP and AGU Meetings. Thanks, Chris! We wish you the best in your new academic home at Yale!

Bill

* Bill Teng, Ph.D.                   |  William.L.Teng at nasa.gov<mailto:William.L.Teng at nasa.gov>        *
* Goddard Earth Sciences DISC        |  (301) 614-5164<tel:(301)%20614-5164> (voice)         *
* (ADNET Systems, Inc.)              |  (301) 614-5268<tel:(301)%20614-5268> (fax)           *
* NASA Goddard Space Flight Center   |  http://disc.gsfc.nasa.gov/     *
* Code 610.2                         |                                 *
* Greenbelt. MD. 20771  U.S.A.       |                                 *