[Esip-agclimate] ESIP AgClim Telecon: TODAY, Feb. 7, 2017 @ 3 pm EST + NOTES

Bill Teng william.l.teng at nasa.gov
Wed Feb 8 10:41:06 EST 2017

Josh:

Thanks for the info on the Agriculture Summit. I did mention that
yesterday at our telecon and provided a link in the agenda page. I'll
try to join the planning call tomorrow. Drones in spatial analysis
sounds really interesting too!

Bill

On 02/08/2017 10:22 AM, Joshua Lieberman wrote:
> Just to clarify, the planning call is Thursday, Feb. 9 at 9am US
> eastern time.
>
>> On Feb 7, 2017, at 10:22 PM, Joshua Lieberman via Esip-agclimate
>> <esip-agclimate at lists.esipfed.org
>> <mailto:esip-agclimate at lists.esipfed.org>> wrote:
>>
>> Bill,
>>
>> My apologies for not making the call - as it turns out due to another
>> meeting to plan a conference on drones in spatial analysis this April
>> at the Harvard Center for Geographic Analysis
>> (http://gis.harvard.edu/events/conferences/drone-revolution-spatial-analysis).
>> I look forward to catching up on the online material from Steve Thomson.
>>
>> I had wanted to let members of the Agriculture and Climate Cluster
>> know about the Agriculture Summit being planned for the OGC TC
>> meeting in Delft, Netherlands in March. This will be a half-day
>> session open to OGC members and anyone else who would like to attend,
>> looking at geospatial and geosemantic interoperability issues in the
>> emerging field of agricultural data analytics. Some of the topics
>> will include standards work on soils, weather, and water; crop data
>> exchange protocols; agricultural sensor observations; and
>> agricultural machinery telematics. Interested members of the Cluster
>> are welcome to attend, and also welcome to join a planning
>> webconference <https://www4.gotomeeting.com/join/904938909> on
>> Thursday morning to help plan the agenda and fit a large number of
>> possible topics into a productive afternoon meeting.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Josh
>>
>> Joshua Lieberman, Ph.D.
>> Senior Researcher, Harvard Center for Geographic Analysis
>> Principal, Tumbling Walls
>> jlieberman*tumblingwalls.com <http://tumblingwalls.com/>
>> +1 617 431 6431
>>
>>> On Feb 7, 2017, at 5:28 PM, Bill Teng via Esip-agclimate
>>> <esip-agclimate at lists.esipfed.org
>>> <mailto:esip-agclimate at lists.esipfed.org>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Notes from today's telecon are in the agenda page,
>>> http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Agclimate_telecon_2017-02-07
>>>
>>> or, directly, here,
>>> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1a3UxnpgoXsOX7XXphtAXtgv7LVaM1T0zDMWSu197G-A/edit
>>>
>>> Please send any additions/modifications/corrections. Thanks!
>>>
>>> And, thanks again to Steve Thomson for a very interesting talk! A
>>> lot of potential follow-ups!
>>>
>>> Bill

* Bill Teng, Ph.D.                   |  William.L.Teng at nasa.gov        *
* Goddard Earth Sciences DISC        |  (301) 614-5164 (voice)         *
* (ADNET Systems, Inc.)              |  (301) 614-5268 (fax)           *
* NASA Goddard Space Flight Center   |  http://disc.gsfc.nasa.gov/     *
* Code 610.2                         |                                 *
* Greenbelt. MD. 20771  U.S.A.       |                                 *