[Esip-agclimate] ESIP AgClim Telecon: TODAY, Feb. 7, 2017 @ 3 pm EST + NOTES

Bill Teng william.l.teng at nasa.gov
Wed Feb 8 10:49:08 EST 2017

I've added Josh's updates on the Ag Summit to our telecon wiki page
(http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Agclimate_telecon_2017-02-07).

Bill

On 02/08/2017 10:41 AM, Bill Teng wrote:

> Josh:
>
> Thanks for the info on the Agriculture Summit. I did mention that
> yesterday at our telecon and provided a link in the agenda page. I'll
> try to join the planning call tomorrow. Drones in spatial analysis
> sounds really interesting too!
>
> Bill
>

> On 02/08/2017 10:22 AM, Joshua Lieberman wrote:
>> Just to clarify, the planning call is Thursday, Feb. 9 at 9am US
>> eastern time.
>>
>>> On Feb 7, 2017, at 10:22 PM, Joshua Lieberman via Esip-agclimate
>>> <esip-agclimate at lists.esipfed.org
>>> <mailto:esip-agclimate at lists.esipfed.org>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Bill,
>>>
>>> My apologies for not making the call - as it turns out due to
>>> another meeting to plan a conference on drones in spatial analysis
>>> this April at the Harvard Center for Geographic Analysis
>>> (http://gis.harvard.edu/events/conferences/drone-revolution-spatial-analysis).
>>> I look forward to catching up on the online material from Steve Thomson.
>>>
>>> I had wanted to let members of the Agriculture and Climate Cluster
>>> know about the Agriculture Summit being planned for the OGC TC
>>> meeting in Delft, Netherlands in March. This will be a half-day
>>> session open to OGC members and anyone else who would like to
>>> attend, looking at geospatial and geosemantic interoperability
>>> issues in the emerging field of agricultural data analytics. Some of
>>> the topics will include standards work on soils, weather, and water;
>>> crop data exchange protocols; agricultural sensor observations; and
>>> agricultural machinery telematics. Interested members of the Cluster
>>> are welcome to attend, and also welcome to join a planning
>>> webconference <https://www4.gotomeeting.com/join/904938909> on
>>> Thursday morning to help plan the agenda and fit a large number of
>>> possible topics into a productive afternoon meeting.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Josh
>>>
>>> Joshua Lieberman, Ph.D.
>>> Senior Researcher, Harvard Center for Geographic Analysis
>>> Principal, Tumbling Walls
>>> jlieberman*tumblingwalls.com <http://tumblingwalls.com/>
>>> +1 617 431 6431

* Bill Teng, Ph.D.                   |  William.L.Teng at nasa.gov        *
* Goddard Earth Sciences DISC        |  (301) 614-5164 (voice)         *
* (ADNET Systems, Inc.)              |  (301) 614-5268 (fax)           *
* NASA Goddard Space Flight Center   |  http://disc.gsfc.nasa.gov/     *
* Code 610.2                         |                                 *
* Greenbelt. MD. 20771  U.S.A.       |                                 *