[Esip-agclimate] Opening for Scientific Programmer to develop agricultural data pipelines

LeBauer, David Shaner - (dlebauer) dlebauer at email.arizona.edu
Tue Sep 25 20:12:26 EDT 2018

Dear All,

I would appreciate your assistance in circulating this advertisement to qualified candidates and communities of interest.

Summary: “We seek a scientific programmer to develop and maintain data collection, transfer, and analysis pipelines. Our team develops open source software and open data to advance research for the improvement of crops and cropping systems. We develop generalized pipelines and software tools to harmonize data and enable research. Data are generated from a suite of imaging and environmental sensors deployed on UAVs, tractors, robots, and in the field. Our goal is to enable the use of such sensors, to develop and deploy algorithms, and make data work for scientific insight and engineering applications.”

We are particularly interested in candidates with experience developing software and working collaboratively with scientists and engineers as well as strong background in python, gis, and remote sensing.

The full position description and application instructions can be found at https://uacareers.com/postings/31534.

Please contact me with questions or leads!

Sincerely,

David

David LeBauer, PhD
Director of Data Science for the Arizona Experiment Station
1230 N Cherry Avenue, Tucson, Arizona 85721
207 BSRL
University of Arizona
520-621-4381
dlebauer at email.arizona.edu<mailto:dlebauer at email.arizona.edu>