[Esip-agclimate] MJ article on carbon management and farms

Teng, William L. (GSFC-610.2)[ADNET SYSTEMS INC] william.l.teng at nasa.gov
Fri Feb 5 17:22:01 EST 2021

Last email of the week ... 😀

I probably had sent this earlier. But, after our WM21 session on carbon management, I figure I'd send it again.
https://www.motherjones.com/environment/2020/07/indigo-agriculture-carbon-farming-sequestration-agriculture-climate-change-emissions-soil-health/

Reading it again, I noticed the following two companies,
https://www.indigoag.com/for-growers/indigo-carbon
https://nori.com/,
that work with farmers and the carbon market. Addressing the same problem but from a different direction as that of the Farmers Business Network (https://www.fbn.com/) that Steele Lorenz presented on in our C management session. But, then, there is also Indigo Marketplace, 'which lets growers put their grains directly on the market and score a premium for, say, non-GMO or organic varieties. (Like Etsy for corn and soybeans.) “We call it decomoditizing agriculture,”' which sounds a lot like what FBN does.

Anyway, lots to follow up on. We'll discuss all this and more in our next monthly telecon (March 2).

Bill