[ESIP-all] SEDAC News for November

Bob Chen bchen@ciesin.columbia.edu
Wed, 27 Nov 2002 17:01:35 -0500 (EST)

After I sent out the SEDAC News newsletter for October, I received
back one comment suggesting that I only send out the link to the
newsletter rather than the entire text file. So, here is the link for
the November newsletter:

http://sedac.ciesin.columbia.edu/snews/sedacnews_nov2002.html

I've also reproduced the table of contents below.

As this is our 25th issue, we would like to get feedback on whether or
not the newsletter has been useful and how we might improve it. Please
use the e-mail or URL given below.

Hope all of you have a good holiday! Cheers, Bob Chen.

*****
Dr. Robert S. Chen
Deputy Director, Center for International Earth Science Information Network
 (CIESIN), The Earth Institute, Columbia University
Manager, NASA Socioeconomic Data and Applications Center (SEDAC)
P.O. Box 1000, 61 Route 9W, Palisades, NY 10964 USA
tel. +1 845-365-8952; fax +1 845-365-8922
e-mail: bchen@ciesin.columbia.edu
CIESIN World Wide Web site: http://www.ciesin.columbia.edu
SEDAC World Wide Web site: http://sedac.ciesin.columbia.edu

          Socioeconomic Data and Applications Center
  Center for International Earth Science Information Network
                      Columbia University
                    Palisades, New York USA
                          SEDAC News
                 November 2002 (Vol. 3, No. 11)

**           This is the 25th issue of SEDAC News!          **
**    We would very much appreciate your feedback on this   **
**        electronic newsletter. Is it useful to you?       **
**  Is it easy to access and read? What could we do better? **
**          Please send comments and suggestions to:        **
**              ciesin.info@ciesin.columbia.edu             **
**              or fill out a feedback form at:             **
**    http://sedac.ciesin.columbia.edu/DAAC_feedback.html   **
**    (please mention "SEDAC News" in the comment field!)   **

SUMMARY

+ Downscaled population and income scenarios available
+ New thematic guide on Social Science and Remote Sensing
+ LandScan 2001 now available from ORNL
+ Holiday hours and availability
+ Earth Institute Web site updated
+ 2003 Human Dimensions Open Meeting Steering Committee meets
+ High-Risk Disaster Hotspots review workshop held
+ Marc Levy participates in MEA authors' meeting
+ Presentation given to Earth-2-Class workshop
+ SEDAC User Working Group meets in New York
+ Participation planned in Provention Consortium Conference
+ Sri Vinayagamoorthy becomes CIESIN Associate Director for IT
+ SEDAC data cited in Agricultural Economics journal article
+ Calendar of Events