[ESIP-all] "Buy Now" button for ESIP web pages

Huth, Hans Hans.Huth@veridian.com
Tue, 18 Feb 2003 16:26:56 -0500

Danny, Pat, and ESIP-all,

I think Pat's idea is a good one- however, be aware that the "buy now" links
will be changing at the end of the month.  The new link will make the ecom
shopping experience seamless with respect to points of entry from partner
websites.  Accordingly, the ecom-site will simply become an order-processing
vehicle rather than a main portal for reviewing and shopping for items.

Danny - I have not considered how to integrate the ESIP-Federation site in
the new algorithm given that multiple partners will be represented from that
point of entry.  As such, please give me until the end of the month before
implementing any "buy-now" features on that site.

Any Federation members wishing to become involved with the site may drop me
a line at hans.huth@veridian.com.  In the meantime, all participating (and
potential) ecom-partners should be creating a webpage containing an
inventory of all the items that they would like to offer through the site.
An example of such an index page is available at RITI's site:

http://www.riti.com/prodserv_pilotage_moreinfo.htm

(You may include different prices on that page).

Thanks for your attention,

Hans Huth
Veridian Systems
(Terraindata ESIP)
520-326-7005 ext 107.

PS- For more information on recent ecommerce developments, please visit the
following link: http://www.terraindata.com/developWWW/esipecom/intro.htm).
Ecom partners - please see your last "ecom update" email).