[ESIP-all] Request for Chesapeake Bay Imagery

Dave Jones dave at stormcenter.com
Fri Aug 22 17:30:35 EDT 2003

We are having a fairly significant algal bloom in the Chesapeake Bay
area (many tributaries included). Can anyone direct me to a location to
get high resolution imagery of the Bay and its tributaries? We are
looking into ASTER and Modis. Seawifs is too low resolution I believe.
These blooms are being caused from the heavy rains in the area this
summer washing huge amounts of nutrients into the Bay. There are high
concentrations of toxins as well being reported from real-time sensors
in the Bay's tributaries. We could have some major fish kills over the
next several weeks/months.

Thanks for any input.

Regards,
Dave

Dave Jones
President & CEO
StormCenter Communications, Inc.
Columbia Corporate Park 100
6021 University Blvd., Suite 140
Ellicott City, MD 21043
Phone: 410-203-1316
Fax: 410-203-9341 (B&W or Color)
Website:  <http://www.stormcenter.com/> stormcenter.com

A Global Environmental Monitoring & Communications Company

President, Federation of Earth Science Information Partners
ESIP Federation
 <http://www.esipfed.org/> http://www.esipfed.org

This E-Mail/telefax message and any documents accompanying this
transmission may contain privileged and/or confidential information and
is intended solely for the addressee(s) named above.  If you are not the
intended addressee/recipient, you are hereby notified that any use of,
disclosure, copying, distribution, or reliance on the contents of this
E-Mail/telefax information is strictly prohibited and may result in
legal action against you. Please reply to the sender advising of the
error in transmission and immediately delete/destroy the message and any
accompanying documents.  Thank you.